Real Estate Consulting & 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges
At Ghirardo CPA, we understand the decision to buy or sell real property can be an emotional one, and that if not properly handled, hidden costs and taxation can eat away your anticipated profits.
Our experienced professionals provide real estate consulting services from a CPA’s perspective, a benefit that has proved invaluable to our clients time and time again.
Ghirardo CPA can assist clients with all their real estate consulting needs.
- Consulting regarding property acquisitions or dispositions, including installment sales.
- Advice on choice of entity type for property ownership.
- Transaction consulting including negotiations and due diligence.
- Investment and portfolio analysis.
- Structuring tax deferred exchanges for investment properties (IRC Sec. 1031 exchanges).
- Evaluating financing strategies and alternatives on property purchases and refinancing options on property currently under ownership.
- Preparing cash flow projections and evaluating return on investment.
- Assisting with debt restructuring on troubled debt situations, or to simply improve cash flow.
- Implementation of strategies to maximize real estate deductions and take advantage of passive activity losses.
- Analysis of tax considerations on sale or purchase of real estate.
Ghirardo CPA real estate consulting services can bring security and peace of mind to your next real property transaction.
For more in depth Real Estate consulting services, please contact our affiliate company, Ghirardo Real Estate Group.
1031 Tax Deferred Exchange Consulting
When you are looking to sell investment property without incurring taxable gain, a tax deferred exchange may be just the right solution.
Ghirardo CPA has the knowledge and experience to seamlessly guide you through the process, no matter how complex your particular transaction.
As outlined in IRS Code Section 1031, income tax on profits from a property sale can be deferred if the property is “exchanged” rather than sold. An exchange will allow you to dispose of property without incurring current income taxes and allow you time to identify and acquire a replacement property.
- You don’t have to find someone with just the right property to swap with.
- You don’t have to buy property at the exact same time you are selling.
- You don’t even have to identify the ultimate replacement property right away.
Our team has extensive experience in structuring IRS Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges. We understand how to fulfill property owners’ desires to liquidate their interest in a property and acquire other properties – without recognizing taxable gain.
When you are thinking about selling a property, consider exchanging it first. We can answer your tax-deferred exchange questions and assist you with the process so that you don’t incur taxable gain.