Business Consulting including CFO Services, Business Valuation Consulting & Much More
At Ghirardo CPA, we are focused on listening to your needs and our services are designed to help you succeed.
We understand that each day brings you opportunities and issues, which is why our specialists provide expert advice and creative solutions that are unique to your situation. We believe in becoming an important part of your team by providing an independent point of view.
Because of the many complex business challenges companies face, our professionals provide a comprehensive range of services. We offer a customized approach to our services based on your needs by combining in-depth knowledge and a commitment to helping you grow your business.
We work with our clients to identify areas within their business that may be problematic and affect profitability and growth, and then provide solutions that are practical and attainable. We offer a full array of services from outsourced CFO services, to business valuation consulting services and much more. Please investigate the links on the left side of the page to see all that we can do to help make your business more profitable.
With Ghirardo CPA on your side, you can rest assured that the future of your business is in good hands. Contact us today for more information on how we can help.
Asset Acquisitions and Sales
Whether it’s real property (business or personal), business equipment, or luxury items such as boats and airplanes, we can help you evaluate acquisitions and disposition opportunities.
We can analyze the sales, luxury and income tax impacts associated with these transactions to help you make the right decision. We can also help you analyze purchase vs. lease opportunities, as well as installment sale options.
Obtaining the bank financing you need is seldom easy, particuarly in today's economy. Pulling together the required financial statements, budgets, projections, and narrative requires careful analysis and consideration. At Ghirardo CPA, we have the experience and resources to help you:
- Determine how much and what type of financing you need
- Prepare a more successful application package
- Avoid the most common mistakes in applying for bank financing
- Negotiate loan fees and terms with bank representatives
Is your business growing as much as you would like? Are there potential customers, product lines, territories or markets that represent untapped revenue? Have you developed a strategy for the future success of your business, or are you too busy just running the business to direct its forward movement?
At Ghirardo CPA, we have the background and experience to help. Our business development services are designed to help you successfully pursue your highest potential business development opportunities. As Certified Public Accountants, we have worked with many different types of businesses over the years, representing a wide variety of management styles, personalities, accounting systems, capital structures and successes and failures. We bring that expertise and experience to you.
We begin by carefully listening to your business development objectives and any issues and concerns you have about growing your business. We then use a systematic approach to identify and analyze the potential market opportunities. Finally, we quantify the potential revenues, costs, risks, resource requirements, timelines and implementation steps involved.
Our consultants will work with you to develop a plan that is realistic and achievable with all the information needed to make the optimal decision. Finally, we stand ready to assist you in implementing any aspect of your business development plan.
Business Valuation Consulting
Do you know the current value of your business?
Knowing the value of your business can be critical in many situations: formulating business strategies, raising capital, implementing gift and estate tax plans, ESOP planning, buy/sell agreements, litigation support, divorce settlements, mergers and acquisitions and succession planning, to name but a few.
Because of the importance of business valuations, we have several consultants with expertise in the valuation of closely held businesses. They take the time to get to know you and your business, and work with you to provide the appropriate level of valuation service needed.
Opportunities arise. With Ghirardo CPA’s business valuation consulting service, you will be prepared for them – and able to make informed decisions.
Cash Flow, Budgeting and Forecasting
Now more than ever, a business owner needs to be able to anticipate their future financial condition and cash flow needs. Our cash flow, budgeting and financial forecasting tools will help you better anticipate your future operating results and cash position so you can identify problems and opportunities and take action more quickly. Our tools will also help you:
- Project monthly revenues, profit margins, net income and cash flows 12 to 24 months into the future
- Evaluate your projected business results under multiple scenarios, allowing you to stress test your business under different market conditions and management strategies
- Anticipate the level of cash required to support the growth of your business
- Estimate your future liquidity position and with that, your financing needs
Many smaller companies do not need (and cannot afford) a full time senior financial manager. Having said that, the talent, tools and perspective of a senior financial manager can be invaluable to an organization, particularly a small business with a limited amount of capital and liquidity. That is where Ghirardo CPA can help. Our seasoned consultant has extensive experience as a CPA, CFO and business manager. Hire him to:
- Analyze your cash flow and liquidity needs
- Prepare/review your financial forecasts and budgets
- Negotiate lease terms, equipment purchases or bank loans
- Prepare or review your business plan
- Tackle special projects when your team is short-handed
- Fill a vacant CFO or controller position while you search for the right candidate to fill the position
- Review your monthly financial statements for problems, challenges or opportunities
The answer should not be all or nothing; nearly every business would benefit from a senior financial manager. Oftentimes, what a person like this will save you in terms of improved profitability, reduced financing costs and stronger liquidity will be many times the actual cost of the service. "Rent" our CFO by the hour, day or week (at a reduced rate on longer assignments), you will be glad you did. Call us for a free consultation regarding the benefits of this unique service.
Entity Choice and Formation
Starting a new business can be exciting and overwhelming. We can help you evaluate the right entity choice for your unique goals and business philosophy.
We understand there are many considerations of entity choice that should be addressed, including ease of formation, liability of owners, management style, transferability, duration of your interest and taxation.
It can be a daunting task to fully comprehend all the factors that need to be evaluated. Our experienced professionals will help you look at all the angles, including management style, risk tolerance and short-term and long-term plans to make sure your goals for the business are attainable. We can help you decide what fits best for you and your business during this critical step.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Owners of successful companies often find themselves thinking about the next step.
Mergers and acquisitions might be the right way to increase product line or improve return on investment. Or a change in direction and personal objectives could necessitate a sale to a family member or outside third party.
In either case, Ghirardo CPA’s financial consultants can help navigate these difficult decisions. We understand that the decision to buy or sell a business is emotional, and our experience in negotiating these types of deals can help you make the right decision.
Our extensive array of services is based on our expertise and our thorough, caring approach to understanding our clients’ needs.
- Design an investment strategy to be utilized in acquiring companies.
- Analyze potential acquisition candidates and their various systems.
- Analyze the effect of the proposed transaction on your company’s operating results, cash flow and financing needs.
- Facilitate negotiations to arrive at pricing and terms designed to assure the best chance of a successful transaction.
- Help you choose the appropriate acquisition vehicle. For example, would a C or S Corporation, LLC or partnership better accomplish your transaction objectives?
Additionally, we have established relationships with attorneys and bankers so that we can all work together to take your business to the next level. With Ghirardo CPA on your side, you avoid the pitfalls that often arise in the purchase or sale of a business.
With our extensive business background and experience we can conduct a deep dive into your financial results and identify areas where you can save and/or make more money. Specifically, we will:
- Pinpoint exactly where your business is profitable and where it is not
- Identify opportunities to improve margins
- Provide expense management tools and strategies
- Identify new potential business development opportunities
We will work with you to develop strategies that are practical and achievable. Our recommendations will include the estimated savings and, if there are costs involved, how long it should take to recoup those costs.
Do you have a clear idea of what your long-term business and financial goals are? Are you on track to achieve those goals? The demands placed on today’s business owners often keep them from planning ahead, yet such planning is critical to future success. Without a strategic plan long-term goals are more likely to always be long-term!
A well thought-out strategic plan works as a blueprint for building your business. At Ghirardo CPA, we have worked with all types of companies over the years and can draw on this experience to help you build a strategic plan designed to help you achieve your personal and business objectives. Our strategic planning services are based on a systematic process, which includes:
- Understanding your personal and financial goals
- Identifying your company’s vision and long-term business goals
- Analyzing your company’s strengths, weaknesses, competitive position and market opportunities
- Identifying and evaluating necessary strategies
- Quantifying costs, resources and timelines associated with those strategies
- Establishing short-term goals
- Identifying key performance indicators and critical success factors
- Measuring and evaluating company performance against the strategic plan on a regular basis
Our consultants work with you to develop a strategic plan that contains realistic objectives and timetables. With Ghirardo CPA’s strategic planning services, you will be well on your way to realizing your long-term business potential.
Business Succession Planning
Developing and implementing a well-designed business succession plan is essential to the survival of a closely held business from one generation to the next.
More than half of family-owned businesses don’t survive the transition from founder to second generation, typically falling prey either to estate taxes or family discord – or both. We have the expertise and creativity to provide you with unique strategies for your business succession plan.
With Ghirardo CPA, you can take comfort today in knowing there is a plan in place for the long-term financial security of your family. We can make sure the dreams for your family-owned business become reality.